Welcome to Dr Lincoln's blog

Welcome for visiting my blog. Hope you enjoy the visit and always welcome back again. Have a nice day!

2010-08-12

Dick Smith's population myth

This is an edited version with changes of a correspondence to Dick Smith Population website, 12/08/2010, see http://dicksmithpopulation.com.au/
Dear Sir/madam


A couple of points/issues to make/raise with you.

  1. First, about the big award. I was greatly encouraged when I first read some news reports on it and then looked for what exactly how it would work. Then I was equally greatly discouraged and also disappointed by the condition that it is for young Australians under 30, for I am not qualified for that age category.
  2. To me, while it is understandable to broom young next generation leaders, the most important thing is to get the job done, that is, to get the best ideas on optimal population growth and put them into practice and achieve the results, I would assume. But the conditions of the award do not allow that to happen, not necessarily at the least.
  3. That is non optimal - an inherent contradiction to the basic purpose of that cause of population.
  4. Second, I looked the blog page and didn’t find how people can contribute to blogs that presumably can enrich ideas and exchange of ideas. Hope someone can do something about it.
PS: I would hope Dick Smith can set up a real award for innovation in population ideas, irrespective to age.

No comments:

Post a Comment